Carl Whiting is a Business Continuity professional with over 15 years experience in Business Continuity, Crisis Management, IT Disaster Recovery, and related fields.
He is the principal and owner of Whiting Risk Consulting, a company he founded in 2012. Prior to that, he spent nine years at Marsh Risk Consulting, where he was a Senior Vice President and two years at Ernst & Young (Senior Consultant) in their Security & Technology Risk Solutions practice.
Carl has delivered solutions to 50+ companies in multiple industries including Technology, Consumer Products, Financial Services, Retail, Bio-Pharmaceutical, Telecommunications, and Manufacturing. He has successfully implemented Response and Recovery programs that include the following activities:
- Risk & Vulnerability Assessments
- Business Impact Analyses
- Information Technology and Workspace Recovery Strategies
- Manufacturing and Distribution Center Recovery Strategies
- Emergency Response Plans
- Business Continuity Plans
- Disaster Recovery Plans
- Crisis / Incident Management Plans
- Pandemic Plans
- Plan Maintenance and Training
- Employee Awareness
- Tabletop and Functional Exercises
Specific Project Experience:
- Developed a comprehensive Business Continuity Program for a global Fortune 500 consumer products company including strategies and plans for over 80 business units and locations, 10+ manufacturing plants, and 10+ distribution centers.
- Managed the delivery of Disaster Recovery Strategies and Plans for an Internet Service Provider. Strategies were developed for two data center locations with over 400 servers. The plans also included recovery of critical data center infrastructure, including electrical, mechanical, and fire suppression systems.
- Managed the delivery of a Business Impact Analysis and Recovery Strategies review for a Fortune 500 Retailer. This project included analyses of nearly 50 business units in the U.S., Canada, Europe, and Asia-Pacific. The strategy review included an assessment of mainframe and server systems.
- Developed a Crisis Management Team for the Research & Development arm of one of the world’s leading automotive companies. Creation of the CMT included designing communication protocols and activation triggers, identifying emergency operations center, and defining roles and responsibilities of executive management.
- Created Disaster Recovery Strategies for a call center provider. The Data Center strategies addressed the recovery of information systems for over 50 business partners of the Call Center Provider.
- Developed a Pandemic guideline and location-specific plans for a leading software developer.
BS in Management Information Systems from Brigham Young University in 2000
Professional Designations & Affiliations: